Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'database'

I have a database named 'database' and i got this problem while trying to
get it run. I am connecting that database to localhost without user and
password, it works just fine on my previous windows box, but since lately
when i move it onto my linux box, it starts showing me that error message.

It works when i connecting the database with user "root" , my problem is
that how can i get it to work without using user "root" , just like the old
days on windows box.

Or is there anyway to add user/password for that particular database so that
only that single user can access to that db ?

Thanks

This mail is protected by Silicon Communications S/B

The information contained in this message maybe confidential and protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message,  please delete this
message immediately. You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or

~~~This email has been scanned by our anti-virus system. For precaution, please make
sure you scan every attachment in this email. Please use at your own risk. Thank you.
:) Mailadmin~~~