"ketvin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Access denied for user: '@localhost' to database 'database'
>

> I have a database named 'database' and i got this problem while trying to
> get it run. I am connecting that database to localhost without user and
> password, it works just fine on my previous windows box, but since lately
> when i move it onto my linux box, it starts showing me that error message.
>
> It works when i connecting the database with user "root" , my problem is
> that how can i get it to work without using user "root" , just like the old
> days on windows box.
>
> Or is there anyway to add user/password for that particular database so that
> only that single user can access to that db ?

Initial MySQL privileges on Windows are not the same as on your Linux box. By default
on Windows user ''@'localhost' has all privileges. On Linux only user 'root' has all
privileges, anonymous user has privileges only on the database 'test'. So, you should
give permissions to the user on the database 'database':
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Default_privileges.html
        http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/GRANT.html

  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko
       <___/   www.mysql.com