Wang,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wang Feng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Heikki Tuuri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: can NOT drop the database

> Awesome!!!!
>
> I did create some text files in that database directory few days ago. And
> you are right, that does the trick.
>
> After I moved those text files, the *drop* works!!! :-)
>
> thanks Heikki.
>
> BTW, how can I rename a database?

if you only have MyISAM tables, you can shut down mysqld and rename the
directory. But that does not work for InnoDB tables. For them, the only way
is to use the command RENAME to raname each table individually.

> feng

Best regards,

Heikki Tuuri
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
Foreign keys, transactions, and row level locking for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for MySQL

Order MySQL technical support from https://order.mysql.com/