Feng,

----- Alkuperäinen viesti -----
Lähettäjä: "Wang Feng" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Vastaanottaja: "Heikki Tuuri" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Lähetetty: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 11:26 AM
Aihe: Re: can NOT drop the database

> > > BTW, how can I rename a database?
>

> > if you only have MyISAM tables, you can shut down mysqld and rename the
> > directory.
>
> Works!! :-)
>

> >But that does not work for InnoDB tables. For them, the only way
> > is to use the command RENAME to raname each table individually.
>
>  Heikki, what do you mean 'rename each table individually'? I want to
rename
> the Database, not the tables.
>
> Assume I have 2 tables, one is called table_1 (MyISAM type), the other is
> table_2 (InnoDB type). They are all stored in the database called db1, Now
> want to change the database name to db1_new. How can I achieve that by
> 'renaming' the table_2 individually?
>
> Please help me to explainn.

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/RENAME_TABLE.html

"
As long as two databases are on the same disk you can also rename from one
database to another:

RENAME TABLE current_db.tbl_name TO other_db.tbl_name;
"

Best regards,

Heikki
Innobase Oy
http://www.innodb.com
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL
InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for MySQL
Order MySQL support from http://www.mysql.com/support/index.html