  From: aman raheja [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 5:54 PM
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Subject: Re: can't start server

  Do check the ownership on /var/lib/mysql
  if not right, then
  chown -R mysql /var/lib/mysql

  I am getting out of ideas here. Would recommend to uninstall all the mysql
packages - mysql-server, mysql-client and other you have installed and start
afresh.

  Aman Raheja
  AGF Technologies
  http://www.agftech.com

  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hello again

I installed mysql from rpm.
I did check the status of the server with ps -ef | grep mysqld
and indicated athat the demoen is not running.

I tried to start the server by
/etc/init.d/mysqld start and the error 2002
appeared again

In my.cnf file I have
[mysqld]
socket=/tmp/mysqld.sock