Hmm...can someone help me on this? Many thanks.

----- Forwarded by Joseph S CHUNG/OGCIO/HKSARG on 2004-07-12 09:40 -----

                      Joseph S CHUNG

                                               To:       [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                                               Subject:  Can't start server

                                                |------------|

                                                | [ ] Urgent |

                                                |------------|
|--------------------|
                                                                     | [ ] Return
Receipt |

|--------------------|

I install mysql 4.0 with RPM on Fedora2, which comes with mysql 3.23. When
I try to start mysql server, the /var/log/mysqld.log file record the
following error message:

"
mysqld started
Warning : Asked for 196608 thread stack, but got 126976
Can't start server : Bind on unix socket : Permission denied
Do you already have another mysqld server running on socket :
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock ?
Aborting
/usr/sbin/mysqld: Shutdown Complete
mysqld ended