At 03:55 PM 12/3/2003, you wrote:
If you were to simply download and install MySQL at your company
office, then write apps for in-house use at your company, then
you have no license issues.  Your apps would not need to be
GPL, and you do not need a Mysql commercial license.
This was discussed by a Mysql AB employee during the MySQL
training class I took a few weeks ago.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is not the case.
If you do not use the source of mysql, GPL doesn't apply.

Ok, consider yourself corrected.<g> Chuck's interpretation is more accurate.

According to GPL, you have to make your program free (open source)
only if you use source from a GPL licensed program or if you modify it etc.

Incorrect. See Chuck's explanation.

Mike