Hi,

I'm trying to get a software designer to write us some software using
MySQL as the database server (he currently requires MS SQL). It is all
windows based software (written in VB).

So far his arguments against it are this (not my words):

-No explicit transactional support
-MySQL is still buggy
-MyODBC is buggy and not used in production environments
-Only way to connect using ODBC is third party drivers that cost over
half as much as MS SQL

This is just for our current software, the new software he is bidding on
says he would use .NET so that supposedely causes other problems.

Now, I know there are a few discrepancies there but I just don't know
enough to argue it. I * need* to use MySQL as the server because of cost
reasons. I *WANT* to use MySQL because I don't care for MS choose not to
run their products.

If you can give me any information to help me argue this I would really
appreciate it.

Thanks,

        Bryan