Birju Shah wrote:

Hello Friends,

We are using free bsd, mysql 4.0.15. We are using this system since more than a year now. We have a autoresponder script which has mysql database. Since a month or so we are noticing that mysql gives the mysql.sock error and the only option which remains is to reboot the entire system.

This error didnt happen before, the same scripts are running, we havent changed anything in the scripts. The mysql gives the socket error sometimes in 3 days sometimes in 7-8 days.

What can be causing this error and what is the solution.

Sorry to bother you.

Birju Shah

Another mysql.sock error!
Firstly, when you start getting the error, what's happening to MySQL? Do you access it in any other way, or only though the script which works via the socket? Can you connect to MySQL with the command-line client, or with MySQLCC?
Maybe MySQL is crashing and this is the reason which you can't connect through the socket. What do the mysql logs say? Maybe examine / post them.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer