Hello,

Thankyou for your quick response.
When I start getting this error, the mysql crashes, any application which I
try to start which uses mysql backend, says mysql.sock error could not
connect .
DBI connect('database=search;host=localhost','web',...) failed: Can't
connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (61) at (eval
2) line 1
When i try to restart the mysql server nothing happens and the only option
that remains is to reboot the entire system. Everything works fine then for
a few days and again the same error.

Birju Shah