Mike,

I used Explain and I don't see anything that says indexes.  I use the
Control Center for all of my stuff.  Would it show in there?

88 rows are returned both in mySQL and Access.

>>> Brent Baisley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 1/26/2004 2:03:10 PM >>>
How did you determine the bottleneck was the left join? I would have
thought it was the WHERE clause.
I'd be curious what the times are on these queries:

SELECT count(*) FROM Products
LEFT JOIN tblInvTransaction ON Products.ProductID =
tblInvTransaction.ProductID Where ((NSIPartNumber Like "%02-001%") AND
(Obsolete<>-1))

and

SELECT count(*) FROM Products
LEFT JOIN tblInvTransaction ON Products.ProductID =
tblInvTransaction.ProductID

As far as Access comparison, you must compare it to a multi-user Access

database hosted on the network with at least 1 other client having the

database open, but it can be idle. Comparing it to a local Access
database is not a comparable setup.

--
Brent Baisley
Systems Architect