At 12:35 -0500 3/10/04, Rochester, Dean wrote:
in the show status there is a line that says
 Questions  and it shows a number

The manual says this is the number of questions asked the mysql database.

 what I want to know does one query equal one question or if I did the
select * and it brought back 100 rows... does that equate to 100 questions?

It's the number of queries sent to the server, not the number of rows returned from the server. (That might be better termed "answers" :-))

Trying to get number of hits to the database.

Maybe there is a better way to get that.

Dean-O

--
Paul DuBois, MySQL Documentation Team
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

MySQL Users Conference: April 14-16, 2004
http://www.mysql.com/uc2004/