At 08:30 +1000 on 05/24/2004, Chris Curnow wrote about Installing on OS X without installer:

Hi,

I've just downloaded the latest version of MySQL (4.0.20) for OS X.
They seem to have omitted the installer - there's no .dmg file to
download. The manual only covers installing from the .dmg for OS X.

Can anyone help me on how to install without the installer.

You can just drag the folder to /user/local and then update the SoftLink for mysql. Or you can just go back to the mysql site and do the download again since they fixed their error and now have a dmg installer.

In either case, do not forget to drag the data folder from your old mysql folder to the new one.

best regards