From: Hassan Schroeder [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 12:20 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: bugzilla not working now after MySQL re-installed

Nguyen, Long P (Mission Systems) wrote:

> yes..  below:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# mysql -u bugs -p
> Enter password:
> Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
> Your MySQL connection id is 7 to server version: 4.0.20-standard

Uh, OK. You said MySQL was "re-installed" -- why? Was it the same
version, or an upgrade? If the latter, there's a difference in the
authentication between 3.x and 4.x that requires a client upgrade
(or that you explicitly use the old auth).

If it was the same version re-installed, is it possible some file
system permissions were changed? And does anything show up in the
MySQL logs when bugzilla runs (or tries to)?

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                           dream.  code.