Nguyen, Long P (Mission Systems) wrote:

I re-installed it this time by rpm
/
Same version but by rpm.
/
I noticed that my databases are not there anymore when I do a
> 'show databases'. I just need to get Bugzilla to run the
checksetup.pl script and it will go and create what it needs. but the unable to logon error is preventing it.

If it's been installed in a different place, and you're no longer accessing the original database files, your user/password info will need to be re-entered. But you probably got that already.

There should not be any differ between rpm and the compile install
> is there?

I run RedHat but I'm not that much of an RPM fan; tried it a few
times and got tired of wierd installation defaults... :-)

It's certainly possible the RPM was compiled with different options
than the configure/make defaults, though.

--
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- [EMAIL PROTECTED]

                          dream.  code.