> Sure it is.  If I leave my car in your driveway with the keys in the
> ignition and the car running and you decide to take it for a
> "test-drive" can I report my car stolen?
>
> Just because they didn't put the filter on doesn't give someone the
> justification to be able to help themselves to whatever they want.  They
> still own the content.

IF you left your car on my property with the keys in it etc, I would
still have to perform the action of entering your car and driving away
with it. but I would be within my legal right to have it towed away...

What I am saying is you have content being delievered to your lines
you cannot control without performing something illegal IE climbing
the pole and hooking up a filter that is the Cable Companies domain.

If your television is passively on the wiring in your house and the
wiring is recieving cable its a grey area, because you are not paying
for that specifically, but you actions did not cause the cable to be
there, if everyone is self reporting you could call the cable company
and complain about why are these annoying channels interfering with
your normal Snow Pattern you normally get, But if you find 20$ in your
mail box, do you call the post office pissed off because you got
money?

Its the Cable companies job to install and block thier services
correctly, if they dont the consumer cant be blamed, if the consumer
has made no action to obtain these services, and has not requested
these services.

But saying we are advocating illegal actions no one has said go to the
pole and rip the filters off, no one has said run a line from your
neighbors house, no one has suggested running a cablebox not provided
by the cable company, so I dont see how anyone is advocating illegal
activity