On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 14:09, Eric Webb wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 February 2005 02:38 am, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > >
> > > I don't think you should be using viafb, if not mistaken that's for
> > > FrameBuffer as in usage for console.
> >
> > Unichrome is not viafb.
>
> Right... I've learned a little more about EPIA development since I saw the
> viafb and realize it's not relevant now.
>
> I'm on Slack 10.0, so I had Xorg 6.7.  Per suggestions here, I grabbed Xorg
> 6.8.2, compiled, installed.... KDE comes up fine, mythfrontend comes up fine
> (and I even get video preview on the recorded programs screen), but whenever
> I try to watch something full-screen (or even running the frontend in a
> window), I get a black screen (or black video window) and the console locks
> up hard.

I have the too. I'm on gentoo/xorg-6.8.2(and ++ unichrome and a few
other patches I think. It's a ebuild at boom.kalf.org/epia)

You'll most likely be able to ssh in and kill X. (X is the oen using up
100% CPU) for some reason.

After getting the ebuild for Xorg+unichrome, I can say that it works.
noo more black/blank screens.

> If I compiled myth (0.17) with only xv support, that's using the driver that
> comes with xorg 6.8.2, right?  How can I blame the "via" driver in Xorg when
> KDE works just fine?  Is myth doing anything more than writing to an X
> screen?  Is there another package/library that I'm overlooking in this
> equation?

YOu still can. I had that same scenerio. Fluxbox (okay.. very minimal X)
and mplayer/xine will hang everything up.

Try getting it patched for unichrome.

--
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz