I'm actually not opposed to putting together a proto system to putz around
with stuff like this.  The only issue with swapping video cards (like back to
my 5700) is that it does not provide a Component out.  I'd step back to SVIDEO
which in and of itself degrades picture quality significantly.  I probably
forgot to mention that if I enable the SVIDEO portion of the 6600GT dongle and
go into my TV this way, the picute qualty drops off and I see more motion
artifacts.  These I attribute to the TV.

But on to other issues.   I pulled myth from CVS earlier today (ssh from a
client site) and compiled it up.  When I got back from the airport and spun up
the new stuff with XvMC enabled, I didn't get a picture on the T portion of my
dual head system.  I stepped back to xv, same thing.  Here is the message from
the console

2005-02-18 19:57:25.477 Opening audio device '/dev/dsp'.
2005-02-18 19:57:25.477 Opening OSS audio device '/dev/dsp'.
2005-02-18 19:57:25.485 Using XV port 145
Found 2 Xinerama Screens.
Using screen 1, 800x600+0+0
X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
  Major opcode:  142
  Minor opcode:  14
  Resource id:  0x193
2005-02-18 19:57:25.505 Couldn't get the color key color, and we need it.
You likely won't get any video.
2005-02-18 19:57:26.540 Changing from None to WatchingPreRecorded
2005-02-18 19:57:26.542 Using realtime priority.
2005-02-18 19:57:26.657 Video timing method: USleep with busy wait

It didn't lie, I got no Video.  I went back to the tuesday CVS snapshot, did a
make install and got my picture back, but the same error message pops up.  Any
ideas?

I'll recompile the older snapshot with XvMC and see what happens as soon as I
finish up some paperwork.

-Blair