I've recently upgraded to 0.17 via KnoppMyth and I'm
experiencing serious issues with usability.

I understand that the decision was made to disallow
deletion of database metadata if no matching file is
found.  In two days, my myth box has collected 10 such
files, and deleting them is a REAL PAIN.

Why so many?  For some reason, I've lost the ability
to tune in some of my channels with 0.17.  I used to
get channel 11.1, which is broadcast on channel 12
with a pid of 3.  I can still tune it in using
dtvsignal, but myth can't receive it.

If I look at the channels, it shows channum 11_1 with
freqid of 12-1.  I have tried the obvious (change it
to 12-3) with no success.  Live TV still hangs the
frontend solid.  (No improvement over 0.16 there.)
Between these issues I'm creating non-files with
abandon and silting up my database, which won't let me
delete the entries.

On a more positive note, I have been able to watch the
FOX and CBS affiliates and the picture is improved on
720p sources (on my 1080i output device).  And "top"
reports about 75% idle while playing HD content using
Xv (nVidia 5500 card, 3GHz P4, HT).

I sure hope a 0.17a comes along to redress this
database issue.  I understand why the change was made,
but it has left myth in an unacceptable state for HDTV
users.