Jack Heneghan wrote:

I have a Samsung DLP with DVI and VGA interfaces along with a number of Component, S-video and composite inputs. I am still in the process of acquiring the mythTV components , but I have used it as a PC monitor and it works very well. A 50 monitor can be a bit overwhelming , the wireless keyboard certainly helps.

I have the same TV, the 50" Samsung DLP, hooked up via DVI to an nVidia 5200FX in a Debian Linux box running MythTV. It looks great and has no problems with overscan that I can tell. I've also connected it to my computer via the VGA cable (before my DVI cable came), and have a DVD player attached through component video. Everything works very well.

Highly recommended.

   Shawn.