Hi Jens,
> I'm on Gentoo - config worked fine.

> First Problem: The auto-detection of ProjectX. My ProjectX comes as a
> jar that needs to be called from java. I'm sure I could have put
> together a shell script that mimics the "projectx" executable the
> script wants to see, but being a lazy guy, I just hard-coded the
> correct command into the script...

Strange, especially on gentoo:
$ qpkg -I -v -l projectx

media-video/projectx-0.82.1.00 *
CONTENTS:
/usr/share/projectx/lib/projectx.jar
/usr/share/projectx/package.env
/usr/bin/projectx

i.e after "emerge media-video/projectx" you should have a projectx
binary.

Nevertheless, this should be configurable. I'll add a config option for
projectx.

> DVD creation went well (except for the flipped thumbnails, but I found
> the flag for that).
Should also go into the config file, definitely non-obvious where it's
now. I don't know any way to get that set up correctly for all users;
default settings work fine on my box. So this'll stay something the user
has to adjust if it doesn't work right out of the box.

> next snag I hit was my apache user not being
> allowed to write DVDs. I'll fix that another  day - calling growisofs
> manually to write out the DVD produced a fine looking result (except
> for the thumbs, but that should be taken care of now).

OK, should be documented; it's too long since I first set up mythburn on
my system, so I forgot about it. Also need to make dvd writer
configurable (hardcoded to /dev/dvd ATM).

> As soon as I get the permissions issue sorted out, this will be my new
> default way of burning DVDs from Myth. Thanks a lot for your effort!

Thanks for the feedback. The most important omission this points out
(again :-)is a lack of documentation for installation and requirements.

Bye, Martin