Laura,
First, I feel your pain!! And so do most of us. It seems when this happens, it
is always clustered in the same weeks.
A few things-- if she called you from her cell, and she did not clear her log,
you would be in there still.
I have told all my clients and it is on my menu that I will charge for the
missed appointment. Even though I have this "rule," I do not enforce it. Why
not? Because I will likely lose the client over it. It is not worth losing the
client over. I only let them do this once to me. Then they get a reminder call
EACH and EVERY appointment. It is usually my $100 and more $$$ appointments
that do it.
These people do not care about our time or loss of income.
The late ones are the same way. I always say, "oh, I was just getting ready to
call you." Happened the other night. She was ten minutes late for a brazilian.
She said, "I did not realize I was that late. My watch says...." I told her I
go by KYW time.
Geezus!!!
I have been getting new clients too! Good for you. Their first appointment is
when I explain it all to them. They need to know about being on time, give me a
days notice for cancellations. I run on time and they will lose out on polish
or whatever if I have my next one in on time.
Two weeks ago I insisted that my noon be on time since she is forever late. Of
course she was late and I had a facial at one with a client who is always on
time. I made sure to tell this chickie that. Well what do you know??? She was
late again. I told her I STOP when my next one arrives. OMG-- my 1 was then
late!!!!!!!  Of course Little Miss Tardy had to comment.
Anyway, over time, I have learned to put those people last in my book. They all
get calls now if they do it to me once.
Do not let it get you down. I know it is hard, but it is not worth the
aggravation.
I look forward to seeing some other suggestions!
Buenos dias,
Lynnette
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile