From: Maggie in Visalia
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:50 PM
To: nailtech@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Took my State Boards--not what I expected

YOU SURE AS HE!! CAN CONTACT YOUR STATE BOARD!!!!!!!!

As a licensee, you will be entering a relationship with the state of Lousiana.
As a student preparing to become a licensee, you have already begun that
courtship.

If your school has lead you to believe that you are not "allowed" to contact
the board directly, your school is........ well, I think we've already
established what we think of your school,  haven't we? And the state board
NEEDS to know how poorly that school is operating, as that school has entered
into a relationship with the state as well, most likely requiring special
permits/licenses to operate the program. The state needs to know that the
school is failing to operate in compliance.

Your state board contact info:
http://www.lsbc.louisiana.gov/contact_address.aspx

Your board looks to have a decent site. I know I prefer to do my correspondence
with CA state board via email. That way I have their information IN WRITING
complete with the contact info of the person who answered my questions.

You may get frustrated dealing directly with the board. If it's anything like
CA, you're going to have to make a lot of calls, take a lot of names, make more
calls, get disconnected while on hold and have to call back. But keep telling
your story and keep asking for the names and contact info for the people you
need to be speaking with. You'll get it. And once you get it, don't lose it.

Don't give up!

Maggie Franklin:
Owner & Artist, The Art of Nailz, Visalia CA
"Visionary rebel dreamer; obviously way ahead of my time."
Maggie Rants [and Raves]@Nails Magazine
Facebook