On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 06:09:49PM -0700, william(at)elan.net wrote:

> I agree with Steve - no serious enough issue.
> And yes - please increase time to vote by a week.

        I am also concerned about the voter turnout.  Up to the last
day we only had 3 nominations for the 3 slots, so I was expecting
the turnout to be lower as a result, but I didn't expect the
turnout to be ~100.

        A few comments:

        1) Perhaps a get-out-the-vote effort similar to the one
that came from ARIN, ie: here's how to vote would be better off
during the main session.  There was a minor one at the community
meeting, but voting wasn't quite open then.

        2) I do think the time to vote should be increased, but given
that the charter allows for cannidate statements at the community
meeting, would you rather the ability to change your vote if you
realize someone doesn't stand for the values that you do?  I think
the current app does not allow that.

        3) I suspect the username/password registration
process and how it was tied to voting may have caused some
troubles.  in the "real world", some people are mailed
where they should go to vote.  Perhaps an e-mail to all elegible
voters would be appropriate once the polls open.

        - Jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from [EMAIL PROTECTED]