On Oct 14, 2006, at 6:05 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

The concept was created due to the inadequacy of the mailing list. Either
people are ecstatic over it's operation or, apathy is rampant. If only
the happy-smiley-bowling people are going to be voters, then we've created an elitist organization that does not answer to it's overall membership in
less than one voting cycle.

1) Why is it "elitist"? Not deciding is a decision. You cannot blame the guy who voted if you did not.

2) Please explain how the organization could "answer to it's overall membership in less than one voting cycle" even if everyone voted? Or are you making some grand leap that if everyone voted, we wouldn't need to "respond". (Be careful here - remember that I think "abstain" is a vote.)

3) I didn't go bowling. ;)

--
TTFN,
patrick