At 07:29 AM 10/15/2006, Robert E.Seastrom wrote:

"Ren Provo" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Jared made some fantastic suggestions, especially regarding a reminder notice
> to all eligible voters that the polls are open.  Perhaps the voting window
> should not occur during a joint meeting with ARIN.  A few people I spoke to
> thought the voting was only for ARIN candidates. NANOG's joint meeting with
> ARIN is the shortest of the year unfortunately, and I think it showed up in
> low voter turn-out.  Others also recommended leaving the voting window open
> for a full week.

Those are excellent points.  Note that ARIN doesn't have the NRO
elections (which meeting attendees can vote in) overlap with the BoT
and AC elections (which only members can vote in).  There's a method
to the madness here - it keeps confusion down.  I'm in favor of having
the election not happen during a meeting, period, since that will
underscore the fact that eligibility is not limited to those
physically present.  Longer voting windows = good.

True, true. I'm not sure that length matters, unless it's in summer
or Hollywood. I do think ease of voting can be problematic.

-M<

--
Martin Hannigan                                (c) 617-388-2663
Renesys Corporation                            (w) 617-395-8574