On Wed, 10 Oct 2007, Randy Bush wrote:

5/ Peering, perhaps...

we already have a strong sub-culture and sub-meetings on peering.  how
would you suggest we adapt/focus it to fit in your track idea?  perhaps
re-frame as inter-provider relations, e.g. some of the technology, not
just the social, political, and financial aspects?

One issue that seems to be getting hideous again is NOC awareness of Peering and how to escalate it.

So often we get given numbers (or recieve complaints about) which direct peers into customer NOCs with hideous call trees, "please enter your account number" auto-attendants, and all manner of evil.

I think this is a good example of cross-over between network operations and peering management?

Mike