On 10-Oct-2007, at 1256, Sean Figgins wrote:

Spam, on the other hand, always seemed to be a scarlet topic here. If someone mentions spam or mail servers, there are those here that start breathing fire and claiming that their email should not be subject to spam filters. I don't know that it's really a relevant topic, as not all network operators provide email services to their customers, and the number that actually do seem to be getting smaller and smaller.

I think it's also reasonable to consider what kind of thread we can expect.

It has been my experience in the past that the minute someone starts talking enthusiastically about spam or spam-fighting, the list immediately fills with rhetoric and incrimination and the signal:noise drops rapidly to something near zero.

Regardless of the topicality, subject matter which is certain to cause rhetorical explosions seems worthwhile avoiding.

Joe
(speaking as generic nanog subscriber)