Alex Pilosov wrote:
8. Autoresponders sending mail either to the list or to the poster
are prohibited.
I also think this needs additional language to ensure that it is within
the realm of the authority of the MLC/NANOG.  NANOG has no authority to
prohibit autoresponses that result in a direct email to someone on the
list.  Without this language, you will have a lot of people continuing
to whine about getting an autoresponse when they CC everyone in the
thread and one of them is on vacation.
Since this is the lists' AUP, whatever consenting adults do to their private email that has no bearing to the list is clearly OK.
I already know of one case that someone that CCed nanog@ and the original poster complained when they got an autoresponder. The proposed language is vague enough that it does not make it clear if it applies only to messages send through the list, or a message to any individual that includes the list. If you all want to live in a vague world, then that's fine by me, but don't complain when you get complaints that arise out of the vagueness.

-Sean

(Please respond only to the list)