> Having run several mailing lists in the past and present, you
> would be amazed at how many people don't know what what
> mailing list they are on, and how to unsubscribe.  Most
> people don't have a clue how to check headers.  Even quite a
> few of router experts don't have a clue about email headers.
> If you must get rid of the subject tag, I would really
> recommend that the footer stays.

I agree.
This list is archived on several websites. It is useful to have
the URL to the subscribe info on the last line of every message.
However, we could lose the underscores, the list name and even
the list address.

The URL is even of use to current subscribers because it is the
quickest way to find the mailman web page to change settings.

--Michael Dillon