I think I'd support them more if the document were a statement of
principles rather than a set of rules. I don't think it's necessary to
impose so formal a structure on the process unless the SC believes that
good judgment is a less effective cover than process.

Secondly the document assumes that planning and approval of an
experiment as part of the program is not in fact the responsibility of
the program committee but rather of the SC. While the SC has that
prerogative, the document should (I believe) reflect that the PC is
responsible for the integration of of the experiment into the program
and should unless something is badly wrong be involved in the approval
process...

The sense that i got from the previous exercise was that the community
one the whole was not interested in experiments which were disruptivem
and the document adequately captures that.