On Wed, Apr 08, 2009, Michael K. Smith wrote:

> I would prefer a segmented network that participants can choose to join as
> part of the experiment and leave the business-use network in place.  A
> different VLAN/SSID/Subnet would suffice.  Common infrastructure could still
> be overloaded but I don't expect it would work to have completely separate
> physical networks.

The problem is getting some semblence of "representative sample".

The type of people who participate at NANOG these days will be
a non-representative sample of the "general internet user", sure,
but having experiments on a test VLAN will make that sample even
more skewed and thus make the experimental results slightly(!)
less valid than they should be.

Adrian