On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 08:17:10PM -0400, Joe Abley wrote:
[...]
> I'd prefer the MLC to treat each case on its merits, and to work with
> a light touch to keep the list useful. Do the MLC volunteers feel that
> this isn't working?
>
> It's not clear to me exactly what problem this proposed solution is
> aimed at.

In legal situations, we often find silly situationas where the letter
of the law is followed, while ignoring the original intent.  Trying to
define what is "on topic" pulls you into such a cycle with the siren
song of making the list "better."

I'd rather keep a trusted group (the MLC), that trys to keep things
tied to the intent.  If they drift too far, they can be replaced.