All,

I would like to propose an amendment to the bylaws for the coming election
cycle.

The various committees put in many tireless hours of effort to bring a content
rich, well attended, well sponsored meeting to our attendees.  In return they
generally get a free lunch and a brief thank you.  I propose that any committee
member who attends six or more committee meetings between NANOG meetings is
entitled to a free registration for the upcoming meeting. Attendance would be
gauged by the chair of the committee and this would only be available as a
benefit to sanctioned committees.

I'll keep this short and sweet, however I feel that this is the least that we
can do for our hard working committee members.  I would ask that the Board
sponsor this for the upcoming election, however if they choose not to I think
we can put this out to petition.

Thanks,
-Dave