sorry it's been a long time since this thread started, I'm circling back
to it.

On 9/1/11 15:12 , David Temkin wrote:
> Randy,
>
> How is that "getting paid"?  Receiving services in kind?
>
> Don't know if you've ever done Habitat for Humanity, but you get a free
> lunch, paid for by those who have given cash to support the cause and not
> labor.
>
> To bring it closer to home - we give our presenters a free admission -
> should we also stop that?

we should avoid as we did with the question of lifetime members, the
danger of creating a privileged class of participants.

presenters are offered a consideration for the sharing of their
insights. the program committee members are free to submitt material to
the program (and many do in my experience).

joel - former two term pc participant.