Andy Smith had an interesting comment in a private email.  He suggested
level attribute, and then generalizing this to reading any assembly
attribute.  I think this is a great idea, but now that I've thought
about it I'm not sure about using it to write the file back out, which
is what I do when incrementing the version number.

For now, I think I'll just base it on the file extension and use a
regex.  I'll make the filename a required attribute.  I'll play with the
CodeDom version in my spare time.

I've got the VB and MC++ versions working, but I can't figure out how to
create a Jscript project.  Does anyone know what the syntax for an
assembly level attribute in Jscript would be?

Eric.