> He suggested loading the file in with the
> CodeDom

Easier said than done.  If you look at the CodeDomProvider abstract class, you'll
notice a CreateParser method.  For all the CodeDom providers that MS ships, they all
return NULL.

Of course, I'm crossing my fingers that Andy knows a better way than the parser
interface.  Did he tell you what it is?

Just FYI, I already have code that auto increments build numbers and generates the
assemblyinfo file.  I posted a few weeks ago.  I called it (recalling from memory)
AssemblyAttributeFile task.  It used the CodeDom to generate the assembly information
file.  It would work for any language that has a CodeDom.  Might want to look at the
archives to see if you can find the attachment.  If you can't find it, I'll see if I
can dig it up at home tonight.

Justin