The reason the unit tests were failing was because the INCLUDE and LIB
environment variables were not set.  We should add assertion checks for
these environment variables in the unit tests so that a useful test failure
message is generated.  I have a TODO for myself, but it's a bite-sized task
for someone who wants to contribute.

Having fixed that, we now have a clean build of nant on a 1-1 framework
machine. If anyone can verify the build on a 1-0 machine and on a "mixed"
machine, we will be in a good place to release.

I'm a little fuzzy on CVS (I use subversion for most of my work).  Can we
create a 0.8.3 release branch?  If we do, we can restrict checkins on the
branch to bug/doc/release note changes and everyone else can go on their
way.  If a branch would cause too much overhead, I think we should restrict
checkins until the release which *should* be the end of this week.  If the
release date slips, I would argue for a branch so we don't build up a big
backlog.

John C Barstow