> I haven't had any problem resolving project dependencies.
> MSBuild seems to be smart enough to navigate the hintpaths
> defined in the various project files and deals with those
> just fine.  Even the COM Interop stuff is working just peachy keen.

There are issues, believe me. Maybe its not problem for you, but it is for
many of us. You're not obliged to use any specific task if you dont want to
- just stick to <exec> if you like :-)

Hintpathes are ok in some cases, but in they are not in many others. But to
be right: msbuild is much smarter than just navigate hintpathes. In fact, it
does very good job on reference resolving. Just not good enough in some
cases. There are even MS blogs about it, if you like to find them. It do
_not_ follow project build order when building more projects at once. It
could read order from .sln file, but thats all. It never try to find out
correct build order for list of projects like NAnt do. And this one was
showstopper for me.

> > Or something NAnt specific.
>
> Like what?

Like <assemblyfolders>, <projectreferences>. Or resolving assembly reference
from its output filename, which is added value even for vs2003 solutions.

Or, for example, what about mixing VS2003 and VS2005 projects?

Crosscompiling would be other example (even I'm not sure it could be done
with msbuild. Maybe net-2.0 <-> mono-2.0 crosscompile?). I saw some blogs
about msbuild be able to target net-1.1. Not sure about those though.

Martin