does very good job on reference resolving. Just not good enough in some cases. There are even MS blogs about it, if you like to find them. It do _not_ follow project build order when building more projects at once. It could read order from .sln file, but thats all. It never try to find out correct build order for list of projects like NAnt do. And this one was
showstopper for me.

Huh. Perhaps you could forward a link to some of those blogs. As I said, I've found MSBuild to be perfectly adequate so far, including building projects in the proper order. If I'm missing something I need to know about, I'd like to know about it before it blows up in my face. :-)

Or, for example, what about mixing VS2003 and VS2005 projects?

Ah well, I don't do that. I use MSBuild for the 2005 projects, and the <solution /> task for the 2003 ones. Again, it's worked just fine so far, though I will freely admit that our 2003 projects are *very* simple compared to the 2005 ones.

Crosscompiling would be other example (even I'm not sure it could be done with msbuild. Maybe net-2.0 <-> mono-2.0 crosscompile?). I saw some blogs
about msbuild be able to target net-1.1. Not sure about those though.

Haven't tried that, haven't had a need to, since we're phasing out what little 2003 stuff we had, so I can't contribute anything to that conversation.