From: Ryan Boggs [mailto:rmbo...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2011 3:37 PM
To: Martin Aliger
Cc: Dominik Guder; nant-developers@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: ***SPAM***BAR*** Re: [nant-dev] Updates to MSBuild & VSNet Tasks

Hi,

Please see inline.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Jun 16, 2011, at 2:39 AM, "Martin Aliger" <martin_ali...@gordic.cz>
wrote:

>>> Hi Ryan, sln file handling is some kind of broken since VS2005. They
>>> only work with 2002/2003. I would not spend to much time for now in
>>> sln file handling in VS2005 and up.
>> Eww, makes sense.  Well, not to let my work go to waste, I think I
>> know why
> it isn't working.  The plugins that contains the schema information
> for
> VS2005+ solution files (NAnt.MSBuild.dll) doesn't seem to be getting
> VS2005+ picked
> up during NAnt's plugin >discovery phase.
>> However, I have been having difficulty trying to locate where the
>> plugin
> discovery phase occurs in NAnt to make sure that they are getting picked
up.
> There is also the fact that the VS2005+ solution plugin classes are
> marked as internal but I am not sure >how much of an impact that is making
overall.

> Discovery mechanism was made by me and Gert some time ago. I could
> look into it...
Thanks Martin. I thought your names looked familiar. :)

> SolutionFactory.cs is main branching thingy. Providers itself are
> registred though Core's IPluginConsumer and ISolutionBuildProvider
interfaces.
I see that and it seems to be working ok with the classes within the
NAnt.VSNet assembly.  It just won't pickup the classes from the NAnt.MSBuild
assembly.  If u can point me to where in the code that the solution task
begins to search for plugins in external assemblies, I can research further
as well.