Hi Stephen,

> I hate to say so at this late stage, but would it be possible to keep
> everything on Source Forge?

:-) I would suggest to let Source Forge do the stuff you mentioned, the hard
work of managing mirrored downloads, cvs, bug tracking etc.

>The goal is to turn newbies into dedicated followers.
>Therefore, the front page is for impressing newbies.

Right. But an impressing frontpage is no matter of the underlying technology.
It should be something different, more flexible, more impressing than what
exists so far for the servers direct competitor ;-)

The website is soon to be finished, let's see how to improve it at that time.
(Btw: if it will turn out to be unstable, unnecessary etc. then switch back
to SF, of course!).

Regards,
Bernd.