Am 02.02.2006 um 20:54 schrieb Andrew Piskorski:

Google's TCMalloc thing is also relevent, but it's not the malloc
replacement I was thinking of.  Ah yes, I was thinking of "Hoard":

Oh, apparently most of such tools are really tuned to multi-cpu
systems. The problem I see is that when running MT-software on
a single CPU, the things start to be different.

As far as I could see, the Tcl MT allocator is pretty good
overall (with a few exceptions) and it is just "there".
But I'm curious to see other players as well. As soon as we
get our internal release out of the door I will get some of
those alternate allocatos under test.

Cheer
Zoran