On 12/12/06, Vlad Seryakov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

but only when acceptsize is
greater than 1, i tested with 5, results are exactly as php, around
1540-1560 req/sec, when i set acceptsize to 10, i constantly got results
1600-1610.

Did you try it such that it would accept all pending connections, up
to the limit of available sock structures? Does this help, hurt?

If it doesn't hurt, it would be nice to get rid of yet another tuning knob.

Take a look at man tcp(7) and search for TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT. With this
option, poll() will not wake up when a new connection arrives, but
only when some bytes have also arrived on that connection, so that
once we accept() we can also read() straight away. One less trip
through the poll loop for each new connection.