I do not think that this is the problem, really. I mean, not the
creation or disposal of *that* objects. The problem, if any, is
in the Tcl_FS* calls which do quite a bit of "arithmetic" to
fiddle with the internal path reps and stuff. It is this part that
*may* hit you. Again, if you have a test-bed where you can tweak
things, we can isolate that couple of places (all are in fastpath.c)
and rewrite them for "regular" open/read/close and see if that makes
any change in the test (I doubt, but you never know).

Ok, i will play with fastpath

--
Vlad Seryakov
571 262-8608 office