Am 19.12.2006 um 20:42 schrieb Stephen Deasey:

Zoran will be happy...  :-)

Zoran is again happy to put the next small update
of the (famous) VT malloc on:

    http://www.archiware.com/downloads/vtmalloc-0.0.2.tar.gz

For the list of changes since 0.0.1, please look in the
ChangeLog file.

As it seems, we are still pretty fast and, thanks to Mike,
we know why Zippy is that slow when exposed to our memtest
program.

Nobody yet gave any reasonable explanation why we are
that fast on Mac OSX compared to any other allocator.
Recall, that was 870.573/70.713.324 ops/sec Zippy/VT
so about 81 times faster, for 16 threads.
Although it really seems like a bug either in the testcode
or in the allocator, I have not been able to verify any.
All is working as it should. So, the mistery remains...

Cheers
Zoran