On 10/12/07, Vasiljevic Zoran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So:
>
>    The configuration is global and read-only. Parameters may be
>    retrieved at run-time using [cmd ns_config], although usually
>    configuration parameters are used by Tcl library files at start-up.

This is from here:

    http://naviserver.sourceforge.net/n/naviserver/files/ns_config.html

(which describes how it is, not necessarily how it should be)

> I submitted a patch/module to RFE section since some time
> already, that implements the config storage
> that is read/write. The emphasis was to minimize
> locking for readers (making readers fast) on the cost
> of making writers slow(er).

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1549952&group_id=130646&atid=719006

(Also, there's now an nsconf module in CVS, but that's something different...)

> Has anybody checked that? Because I think that we might
> really use that module as a replacement for the read-only
> version that is currently in place. We may even make the
> (new module) read-only per switch (default) but allow
> read-write for those who might need it (we, for example).
>
> Any ideas, objections?

Here's the thread from last time (lots of good ideas):

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9AD66047-D15A-4C93-B705-AFF1F2E5F330%40archiware.com

Did you eventually use this code? Did it work for you?