On Mon, Oct 15, 2007, Zoran Vasiljevic wrote:
> On 15.10.2007, at 20:37, Stephen Deasey wrote:

>> 2: This scheme would nicely handle non performance critical key/value
>> config called from Tcl code. But if you can already do that with
>> nsv...?
>
> Well, not really. This needs to be also accessible from C and from
> various plugin-modules.

Making nsv usable from C code is very useful, and not all that hard.
I've done it in the past (for AOLserver 3.x and 4.0.x).  So, just how
are the use cases for dynamic ns_config different from those for nsv?

Since the existig ns_config is totally static, it's safe to take the
pointer returned by Ns_ConfigGetValue() and just assume it never
changes and is always valid process-wide.  But of course that can't
work when calling Nsv from C code.  What does your dynamic ns_config
code do for that case?

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/