Dear Andrei,

Thanks for the compile-log. The problem is that the compiler flags that are
picked up in your environment include a " -fvisibility=hidden", most likely
picked up from tcl 8.6.1. Using "-fvisibility=hidden" should work certainly,
an was fixed in the tip versions.

The compilation works well with 4.99.8, if you either compile against Tcl 8.5.* or
when you use

   make "CFLAGS_EXTRA=-fPIC -pipe"

It might be, that the problems you are experiencing have to do with tcl8.6.
We use on all our production systems tcl 8.5.* (e.g. on openacs.org: Tcl 8.5.15).
If you have the chance to use tcl 8.5, please try.

all the best
-g