On 25 Sep 2015, at 15:44, Gustaf Neumann <neum...@wu.ac.at> wrote:

> kind of. the fix was addressing a problem in rivet under Linux,
> the consequences were not easy to spot from the code but hit
> all multi-threaded tcl applications, including NaviServer.
> It also lead to bug-reports from bsd about "massive slowdowns".

I see... so you had to fix that mess...
At this point I believe you've done the
fix so that it will not harm us!

I guess they wanted to make [fork] working
which simply cannot be done MT-safe(ly).
I've been telling this for years but people
won't listen. And there is some substantional
portion in politics there, which I regret :-(